Life-altering injuries can leave a crash victim with staggering medical bills, a sudden drop in income, and months or years of pain and suffering.
At Belluck & Fox, our New York City car accident lawyers are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you need to get your life back in order after a crash. We believe that you shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s negligence, and our attorneys have more than two decades of experience successfully holding at-fault parties accountable.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in auto accident, you likely have a lot of questions about what to do next. When you schedule a free case consultation with the knowledgeable New York personal injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox law firm, we will review exactly what happened in your crash and answer any questions you may have about your rights.
Some of the questions we frequently answer include:
WHY AUTO ACCIDENT VICTIMS CHOOSE BELLUCK & FOX
- Our relentless litigators have won more than $1 billion in injury claims compensation for our clients. That success has garnered the firm many professional honors, including Largest Verdicts of the Year recognition from the National Law Journal. We have also been recognized by Best Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell, and Super Lawyers.
- Our attorneys are tough on negligent individuals and companies, but clients see our softer side. We are sensitive and respectful of your circumstances and mindful of your profound physical and emotional struggles. Our attorneys go to great lengths to make the process of pursuing compensation as easy for you as possible.
- Our dedicated car accident NY law firm will craft smart legal strategies based on solid evidence and in-depth research. Over the years, we have built a team of accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and financial professionals who can clearly show how your crash happened, how badly you were injured, and how your life has been affected.
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a crash, contact the skilled New York car accident injury attorneys at Belluck & Fox today. A case evaluation is always free, with no obligations, and we do not charge any legal fees to get started on your case. In fact, you only pay legal fees if and when we recover compensation for you. Call or fill out our online form to get started on your case.
The Answer Is Simple: You Should Call Belluck & Fox
When your health and financial well-being are on the line, you should turn to professionals. The skilled automobile accident attorneys at Belluck & Fox in NYC have been recognized by Best Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell, and Super Lawyers. We are also proud to have secured more than $1 billion in compensation for our deserving clients.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, contact us today to schedule a free injury claim consultation, and let us put our experience to work for you.
WHY YOU NEED A LAWYER AFTER A NY AUTO ACCIDENT
After a serious New York City auto accident, you and your family may be completely overwhelmed just trying to cope with your injuries and get through each day. You shouldn’t have to go to battle with an insurance company or dig for evidence to prove what happened. That’s our job.
At Belluck & Fox, our skilled NY car accident attorneys:
- Manage all communication with insurance companies and the at-fault party. We are fierce in negotiations against those who try to pressure our clients into low-ball settlement offers.
- Gather extensive documentation to support your claim for maximum compensation.Our detail-oriented attorneys will track down your medical records, proof of lost income, police reports, witness statements, and any other evidence that we need to build a strong case.
- Identify all possible sources of compensation. That could include tapping into your uninsured motorist coverage (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. Or it could mean pursuing compensation from the manufacturer of a defective auto part that led to your crash.
- Build a strong case with in-depth understanding of New York accident laws. New York is a “comparative fault” state, which means the other party may try to argue that you were partially at-fault for the accident in order to reduce the amount of compensation you could receive. That’s why we will aggressively work to show how negligent the other party really was.
- Ensure time doesn’t run out on your claim. New York has a strict time limit, known as a statute of limitations, on how long you have to file an auto collison lawsuit. Our attorneys will keep your case moving forward to make sure all deadlines are met in your claim for compensation.
You may have heard before that New York is a “no-fault” state, meaning automobile crash victims typically must go through their own insurers to file a claim for compensation, regardless of who is at fault. However, depending on the severity of your injuries, you may have the right to pursue additional damages from the at-fault party. When you sit down with our skilled accident attorneys, we will go over all the details of your case to develop a plan for pursuing maximum compensation.
CALL THE TOP RATED PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS AT BELLUCK & FOX FOR HELP WITH YOUR AUTO ACCIDENT CLAIM
- High-quality NYC car accident lawyers with more than 20 years of experience
- Excellent track record of success, securing more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements
- Consistently recognized for professional representation and personalized service
- Top-rated law firm, highly recommended by satisfied clients and trusted legal professionals
- Focused on fighting for the best possible outcome for clients after serious auto accidents
- Resources to investigate claims and uncover essential evidence
- Connections to popular and respected expert witnesses
- Dedicated to maintaining good communication with clients throughout the legal process
- Reasonable rates and no fee unless our attorneys secure compensation for you
- Available to meet with clients at home, in emergency rooms or at urgent care clinics across New York
- Authorized to handle claims involving all types of motor vehicles
TYPES OF COMPENSATION YOU CAN PURSUE AFTER A CRASH
At Belluck & Fox, when our attorneys take on your case, our goal is to recover full and fair compensation for you. Although no two cases are exactly alike, one thing holds true: Money can’t turn back the clock and reverse what you have been put through, but it can lessen your financial burden.
Our New York motor vehicle accident attorneys frequently fight for:
- Payment for past an
d future medical bills
- Compensation for lost income, as well as your reduced earning potential for the future
- Payment for damage to your vehicle
- Awards for the pain and suffering you have been put through due to your injury
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
An insurance company may have already approached you with an injury settlement offer. It is imperative that you speak with one of our dedicated New York car wreck lawyers before you sign your rights away.
Let us evaluate your case to give you a true picture of the injury claim compensation you deserve. Contact us now to get started.
COMMON CAUSES OF MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISIONS IN NEW YORK
The New York State Department of Health lists vehicle collisions as “the leading cause of injury-related death for New York State residents.”
Some of the most common causes of car wrecks in New York include:
- Driver inattention or driver distraction
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver fatigue or drowsiness
- Failure to yield right of way
- Backing up unsafely
- Improper turns
- Driver inexperience
- Unsafe road conditions
NY traffic incident statistics can be terrifying, especially when you know that behind each number is a person and a family whose lives could have been forever changed. At Belluck & Fox, we treat every client with the personalized attention and compassion you deserve. To us, you are not a claim number or a statistic, you are a person who is hurting and deserves justice.
SCHEDULE A FREE CASE CONSULTATION NOW
Time is always a factor in car wreck cases. With every day that passes, the evidence is swept away and memories fade. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a wreck, you need to speak with one of our skilled NY auto accident law firm as soon as possible.
Schedule a free consultation with our top NYC lawyers for personal injuries today, and find out how we can fight for the compensation you need to get your life back.