This Australia Awards Scholarships, which was formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), brings opportunities for students from developing countries, especially those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Field(s) of study:
This scholarship board are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
All Citizens of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
For an applicant to become eligible to receive a Scholarship, the applicants must:
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at post) or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
- be a citizen of a participating country and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- not have been a part taker of Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a PhD); and
Check the open and close dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Deadline varies per country. The deadline for most countries is 30 August 2019.
How to apply:
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country specific pages, and the official website for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.